Software Engineering Leader
To support its life science tool and diagnostics product development, Fluxus Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, interdisciplinary software engineer with relevant, hands-on experience and proven track record of innovative engineering at the intersection of software and hardware development. She/He will be part of Fluxus’ product development team and work closely with other teams to design, develop, and implement a growing suite of bioanalytical solutions comprised of integrated biochips, proprietary reagents, and custom instrumentation. The position will involve a variety of activities related to the design, control, and interfacing of various electronic and data analysis systems. Development of single-molecule detection technology will involve optoelectronic signal integration and programmatic/hardware data analysis. The successful applicant will work within multidisciplinary teams of engineers, scientists, and manufacturing specialists.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage (80%) and contribute to (20%) control and analysis software for RUO (Research Use Only) and FDA regulated instrumentation
- Drive software development activities including SRS management, Scrum mastering, work tool administration, and company policy development/adoption
- Work with internal and external software/hardware engineers towards fulfilment of Fluxus’ software goals (collaborate, peer review, architect and oversee execution)
- Support all aspects of technology transfer to and from internal and external partners
Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree/Experience Requirements: B.S./M.S. in computer science
- 3+ years of individual contributor experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Significant experience with instrument related software engineering (C# preferred, or adjacent language e.g. Go, Rust, C++, etc.)
- Management experience using Agile/Scrum framework and related tools (Jira preferred)
- Significant experience with industry coding best practices (Git management, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
Preferred Skill Sets
- Experience with delivering quality conformant software (e.g., SaMD)
- Experience with hands-on full stack development
Fluxus Inc. is a privately held development-stage medical device company located in Sunnyvale, CA, USA. The Company’s immediate focus is the development and commercialization of biochip-based detection platforms for ultrasensitive diagnostic testing and bioanalytical applications. Our culture represents innovative, driven, and talented professionals with diverse perspectives, but one which is united on a mission to significantly and positively make a difference in healthcare.
As a member of Fluxus’ team, you would join an entrepreneurial and growing company that functions with the electricity of a startup but is led by a management team with a proven success record of 25+ years in life science tools and diagnostics. We look forward to hearing from you to learn more about your expertise and career goals. Fluxus provides a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
"*" indicates required fields