Research Associate II or III
Fluxus, Inc. is an innovator in single-molecule detection and ultra-high sensitivity platforms based on its expertise in optofluidics, assay development, system integration, and microsystem technologies. The Fluxus product development infrastructure and suite of proprietary technologies are ideally suited for the robust development of advanced sensing technologies and diagnostic equipment.
Fluxus Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, observant, detail-oriented Research Associate candidate with hands-on experience in basic bio-chemistry procedures. The candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary product development team and support reagent and bioassay development activities for a novel diagnostics platform.
The candidate will apply her/his knowledge to prepare solutions and reagents for various research programs within the company and characterize chemicals, buffer formulations, bioconjugates, and specimen matrices for their compatibility with a single-molecule detection platform as well for assay optimization. The candidate will be involved with verification and validation procedures for reagents and assay procedures in robotic systems for quantitative detection of disease biomarkers in a variety of biospecimens.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with R&D and Manufacturing Teams to characterize the novel single-molecule detection platform
- Formulate and aliquot buffers, proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids and other biopolymers
- Assist with the evaluation of the purity and homogeneity of assay components and reagents and assess the compatibility of chemical, buffer components and reagents in the novel detection platform
- Establish (bio)analytical procedures for the in-depth characterization of immuno and molecular assay components including magnetic microparticles and polymer nanoparticles
- Contribute to bioassay protocol development with reagent formulations and assay optimizations
- Assist in the collection and analyses of comprehensive scientific data sets to qualify performance, scale-up, shelf-life, and use of reagents and robotic systems used for bioassays
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of procedures applied and quality records and present project updates to internal stakeholders
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, good laboratory practices, EH&S policies and FDA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, or related discipline
- 3 or more years of laboratory research experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Proven hands-on experience and troubleshooting skills with ELISA, PCR, fluorescence spectroscopy/microscopy, bioconjugations
- Demonstrated desire to learn new biochemical assays and bioanalytical techniques to characterize assay reagents
- Understanding the fundamental principles of analytical techniques including fluorescence and UV/VIS spectroscopy, microscopy, protein and nucleic acid concentration, electrophoresis
- Involved working at the interface of robotics and bioassay development (immunoassays, molecular assays)
- Skilled with Excel and other software packages like JMP to perform data analysis
- Willing to handle human and non-human biospecimens in a BSL2 environment
- Detail-oriented, motivated, thoughtful, and with a strong work ethic
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Onsite work
- Fluent in English
Other Beneficial Skill Sets
- Experience operating automated and robotic systems
- Skilled with designing and assembling microfluidic devices and surface chemistries/coatings
- Demonstrated skills with DOE approaches for assay optimizations and handling of biospecimens
Fluxus Inc. is a privately held development-stage medical device company located in Sunnyvale, CA, USA. The Company’s immediate focus is the development and commercialization of biochip-based detection platforms for ultra-high sensitivity diagnostics and bioanalytical applications. Our culture represents innovative, driven, and talented professionals with diverse perspectives, but one which is united on a mission to significantly and positively make a difference in healthcare.
As a member of Fluxus’ team, you would join an entrepreneurial and growing company that functions with the electricity of a startup but is led by a management team with a proven success record of 25+ years in life science tools and diagnostics. We look forward to hearing from you to learn more about your expertise and career goals. Fluxus provides a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
"*" indicates required fields